A minimum 2:2 Honours degree in an appropriate discipline, or an HNC plus five years in industry, or an HND plus three years in industry. If you do not have these qualifications, we will consider your case individually.
Months of entry
You will benefit from a blend of technical depth and an overall awareness, giving you the skills for commercial success in today's highly competitive markets.
MSc Electronic Product Design covers all aspects of the electronic product development process and you will specialise in embedded systems design using VHDL. You will develop an advanced knowledge of modern design methodologies and gain extensive experience of state-of-the-art design software tools.
The course incorporates an 18-week project, which you may conduct in industry and could lead to job opportunities on graduation. You will also complete industrial case studies and be involved in 'live' mini-projects. If you study part-time while working in the electronics industry, you may be able to relate your major project to an aspect of your company's work.
What You Will Study
- MSc Modules Compulsory/Optional Credits
- MSc Major Project Compulsory 60 Credits
- Electronic System Design (MSc) Compulsory 20 Credits
- Product Management and Integrating Case Studies Compulsory 20 Credits
- Digital System Design Using VHDL Compulsory 20 Credits
- ASIC Technology and test Systems Compulsory 20 Credits
- Embedded System Design Compulsory 20 Credits
- Applied Digital Signal Processing Compulsory 20 Credits
Information for international students
The course welcomes international applicants and requires an English level of IELTS 6.5 or equivalent.
Fees and funding
Please visit our website for information.
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||100|
Course contact details
- Enquiries & Admissions
- 08455 194 787
- 01443 654050