- Applications are invited from graduates and non-graduates who will be required to confirm 70 hours (minimum) of teaching in the first year and second year to include 20 hours observation of an experienced tutor
- Mathematics and English language GCSE Grade C or above, or equivalent, are desirable, but not essential
- Mentor support is required
- Enhanced DBS check required as appropriate
- If English is not your first language you should be able to demonstrate a level of at least IELTS 6.5 or equivalent (minimum score of 5.5 in each band)
- An interview is required for this course
Months of entry
The Professional Certificate in Education (PcET) is for those looking to gain a nationally recognised qualification to teach in further education and the broader post-compulsory sector, such as Adult/Community Education.
This flexible part time programme allows students to work whilst studying. Anyone currently engaged in full or part-time teaching or training, or for those who intend to embark upon a teaching career in the post compulsory education sector, or as a trainer can apply.
During the course you will develop your skills, knowledge and understanding of successful and effective practice in the Post compulsory Education and Training sector. Strategies introduced during the programme are designed to develop your confidence as a professional practitioner. You will also have an excellent opportunity to share good practice, creative and innovative teaching and learning strategies and resource materials with others, from a wide range of subject areas as well as your own.
Information for international students
Non-native speakers of English are required to provide evidence of proficiency in English Language at IELTS level 7 or equivalent. Health declaration, CRB check and ISA registration required as appropriate.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Enquiries and Admissions
- +44 (0) 845 194 787