- A 2:1 degree or above is desirable, or a recognised equivalent, in a relevant subject area. If you are offering a vocational subject you are normally expected also to demonstrate that you have some relevant vocational experience
- Mathematics and English language GCSE Grade C or above, or equivalent, are desirable
- Enhanced DBS check required as appropriate
- Part-time applicants will be required to confirm 50 hours (minimum) of teaching, and 20 hours of observation of an experienced tutor in the first year and in second year will be required to confirm 50 hours (minimum) of teaching and 30 hours of departmental duties.
- An interview is required for this course
Months of entry
The PGCE Post Compulsory Education and Training is for graduates who want to teach in the post-compulsory education and training sector. If you want to teach a wide range of learners aged 16+, in colleges, training organisations, prisons, voluntary and adult community organisations, this is the course for you.
Students on the PGCE course come from many different backgrounds – you could be a new graduate, trainer or looking for a career change. You will be welcomed into a collaborative environment where we work with you to develop your professional teaching skills.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Enquiries and Admissions