There is no interview process, so applicants are selected on the basis of professional qualifications and experience, a written application, and two good references.
Counsellors and psychotherapists
- Minimum of two years' post qualifying experience with a range of clients
- Counsellors should be qualified to University of South Wales Diploma level or equivalent
- Should be BACP accredited or have completed enough counselling hours to apply for BACP or an equivalent professional recognition scheme
- Helping professionals should have a professional qualification (nursing, clinical psychology, occupational therapy, social work, physiotherapy, art therapy etc) or equivalent
- Minimum of two years' post-qualifying experience in their field
All applicants should:
- Be a member of a professional body
- Be receiving supervision from an experienced supervisor
- Have a supervision placement combining both individual and group supervision in order to meet the 40 hours supervision practice requirement.
- Upload two references with your application. One must be from your current supervisor confirming that you have completed a minimum of 400 supervised counselling hours and the other should be from your employer. If you are a therapist, your supervisor should confirm that you have completed a minimum of 400 supervised counselling hours in their reference.
Months of entry
Delivered by a combination of distance learning and experiential weekends, the part-time Postgraduate Diploma Consultative Supervision has an excellent reputation as a comprehensive training package for continuing professional development, covering both the practical and theoretical aspects of consultative supervision.
The curriculum follows the criteria outlined in the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP) supervision framework. You will also complete 40 hours supervision practice.
You’ll develop a broad toolkit enabling you to deliver effective, ethical, and creative supervision across professions, and find that your own reflective practice is deepened by your engagement with these models and methods.
You can exit with a Postgraduate Diploma or continue to complete the MA degree, which consists of project managing a community-based intervention or developing a unique research study.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries and Admissions