- Counselling qualification at diploma level as well as post qualifying counselling experience and/or experience of working with young people
- You must be a registered member of an appropriate professional body, such as the BACP or equivalent
- A minimum of 100 supervised hours of counselling practice
- Two references uploaded with your application (one must be from your clinical supervisor)
- You will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check by the University
Months of entry
The Postgraduate Diploma Counselling Children and Young People, one of the only postgraduate courses of its kind, offers a unique blend of knowledge and skills practice, and provides a pathway to many exciting opportunities within the field of therapeutic work with young people.
It is designed for qualified Counsellors and Psychotherapists who want to continue their professional development and enhance their career prospects with in-depth training in counselling children and young people.
You will develop an appreciation of the differences in working with this group as opposed to adults, and of the theories and practical skills necessary to communicate and connect with this client group.
The counselling CYP course is highly experiential in nature and you will use your own ‘inner adolescent’ and a wide range of creative tools in learning how to work therapeutically with children and young people in both formal and informal settings.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Enquiries and Admissions