- A 2:1 degree or above is desirable, or a recognised equivalent, in a relevant subject area. If you are offering a vocational subject you are normally expected also to demonstrate that you have some relevant vocational experience
- Mathematics and English language GCSE Grade C or above, or equivalent, are desirable
- Enhanced DBS check required as appropriate
- Part-time applicants will be required to confirm 50 hours (minimum) of teaching, and 20 hours of observation of an experienced tutor in the first year and in second year will be required to confirm 50 hours (minimum) of teaching and 20 hours of observation/departmental duties
- An interview is required for this course
Months of entry
Are you interested in teaching or training young people and adults? This teacher training course is for graduates who want to teach a wide range of learners aged 16+ in further education colleges, sixth form colleges, training organisations, prisons, public services or voluntary and adult community organisations.
The (PGCE) Postgraduate Certificate in Education (PcET) level 7 award is a nationally and internationally recognised qualification for teaching and training in the post-16 sector. It provides eligibility for QTLS in England, and registration with EWC in Wales.
Students on the (PGCE) Postgraduate Certificate in Education in Post Compulsory Education and Training (PcET) come from many different backgrounds – you could be a new graduate, a trainer or looking for a career change.
You will be welcomed into a collaborative environment where we work with you to develop the professional values, knowledge and skills you’ll need to work and thrive in a diverse and dynamic PcET sector.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Enquiries and Admissions