The entry requirements for the MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice (Standard Pathway) are:
- A UK 2:2 Hons degree or above or an equivalent standard in other qualifications approved by the University in a relevant subject from an approved institution of higher education
- A current professional registration with a relevant professional/statutory body or equivalent.
- A current or recent relevant job contract in a clinical or clinically related area
- At least two years relevant post registration clinical experience.
- At least one satisfactory reference (on some occasions a second reference will be required)
If you have not achieved a first degree, you may be considered for admission to the programme if you are an experienced practitioner, and can consequently demonstrate that you have acquired suitable experience and supportive qualifications.
Months of entry
This MSc Advanced Clinical Practice provides an academic underpinning that meets the contemporary challenges of advanced clinical practice.
Within this the standard pathway is the most flexible, and is appropriate for you if you are a registered UK, EU or international healthcare practitioner who is keen to develop your clinical practice at an advanced level.
In addition to core content in relation to research, evidence based practice, advanced practice and decision making it includes the opportunity in study three option modules enabling considerable flexibility and choice.
In the MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice (Standard Pathway) you will:
- Examine role development in relation to advanced practice
- Examine the nature and use of advanced practice, communication and decision-making skills
- Explore how to meaningfully apply evidence to your field of practice
- Undertake learning which enables you to develop new and/or enhanced clinical skills in relation to your chosen field of practice
- Enable you to build on your knowledge, skills and competence to become a clinical experts and/or leader in your chosen field of practice
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Health Sciences
- +44 (0) 23 8059 5500