The usual academic entrance requirement is a first degree in psychology, medicine, social work, occupational therapy, nursing, or an equivalent professional qualification, from an approved university, of 2:1 standard or above. If you have a non-degree nursing qualification, this must be equivalent to an undergraduate PG diploma. Experienced mental health professionals who do not meet these entrance requirements may sometimes be individually assessed and considered for admission on a discretionary basis.
Months of entry
This course is ideal for people who have already completed a PG Diploma or have significant CBT experience. It enables practitioners who have specialised in working with one set of disorders (e.g. anxiety and depression) to develop their knowledge and skills in other areas (e.g. psychosis or personality disorder). As such, the advanced certificate offers an opportunity to broaden clinical expertise by developing new formulation and practice skills.
Modules are selected from the following:
- PSYC6106 Evidence-based Treatments for Anxiety Disorders (or 10 CATS version);
- PSYC6107 Evidence-based Treatments for Anxiety Disorders (or 20 CATS version);
- PSYC6088 CBT Theory and Skills II;
- PSYC6089 CBT for Depression;
- PSYC6092 CBT for Personality Disorders;
- PSYC6091 CBT for Psychosis;
- PSYC6095 CBT Supervision 1: Evidence-Based Treatments for People with Axis I Problems (Anxiety and Depression);
- PSYC6096 CBT Supervision 2: Disorder-Specific Treatments for people with anxiety disorders;
- PSYC6097 CBT Supervision 3: Evidence-Based Treatments for People with Depression;
- PSYC6098 CBT Supervision 4: Introduction to Working with People with Personality Disorders;
- PSYC6099 CBT Supervision 5: Further Skills for Working with People with Personality Disorders;
- PSYC6100 CBT Supervision 6: Introduction to Working with People with Psychosis;
- PSYC6101 CBT Supervision 7: Further Skills for Working with People with Psychosis;
- PSYC6125 Supervisory Skills Module, PSYC6126 Working with SIM
For further information, please visit our website.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Social, Human and Mathematical Sciences
- +44 (0)23 8059 5108 or 8059 3578