Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A good 2.1 Honours degree in any discipline or significant professional or other relevant experience alongside evidence of prior alternative learning such as professional qualifications or certifications.
Months of entry
The MSc in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) with a Specialism in English for Academic Purposes is a one-year course run by the International Education Institute. It is designed to be useful to both experienced English language teachers as well as those considering a career in English language teaching. It is aimed at teachers with a particular interest in teaching young learners.
- Focus your studies in your particular area of interest, and gain a better theoretical and practical understanding of the challenges and opportunities related to teaching English for academic purposes.
- Take a specific English for Academic Purposes module, conduct research in this area as part of an Action Research module, and choose a dissertation topic to research further into the field of teaching for academic purposes.
- Join experienced practitioners and scholars in the English language teaching community, with opportunities to be involved in ongoing professional development events and the annual English for Academic Purposes (EAP) conference.
- Integrate theory and practice – discuss theoretical concepts and frameworks in small groups and apply these through practical assessments and peer teaching sessions.
- Engage in, and reflect on, a new language learning experience as part of the programme to gain a 360 degree perspective on language teaching and learning.
Fees and funding
There are a variety of funding options available for postgraduate students. For more details visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- International Education Institute
- +44 (0)1334 46 2255