Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A good 2.1 Honours degree in any discipline or significant professional or other relevant experience alongside evidence of prior alternative learning such as professional qualifications or certifications.
Months of entry
The TESOL MSc with a Specialism in Technology for Teaching gives students with an interest in this field the opportunity to integrate the theory and practice of teaching English to speakers of other languages, with a particular focus on technology for teaching. The course is aimed at students who want to develop the pedagogical knowledge that underpins the application of technology in language classrooms. This is a transdisciplinary course drawing on sources from a variety of fields (including Education, Psychology, Sociology, Design, Ludology, Linguistics and Philosophy).
- Develop technical skills in a range of applications, such as data-driven learning, task-based learning and game-based learning.
- Develop project management skills, using techniques from agile design and design thinking.
- Participate in a practical course where participants will be encouraged to identify and conceptualise problems within their own professional contexts, and develop creative and informed responses which utilise technology.
- Join experienced practitioners and scholars in the English language teaching community, with opportunities to be involved in ongoing professional development events and the annual English for Academic Purposes (EAP) conference.
- Take a specific Technology for Teaching module, conduct research in this area as part of an Action Research module, and choose a dissertation topic to research further into the field of Technology for Teaching.
Fees and funding
There are a variety of funding options available for postgraduate students. For more details visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- International Education Institute
- +44 (0)1334 46 2255