A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
Months of entry
The International Master in Audiovisual and Cinema Studies (IMACS) MLitt is a two-year taught programme run by the Department of Film Studies.
The programme approaches the study of film through a varied intellectual approach, exploring cinema in a global context. You will discover filmmaking cultures outside the canon and examine classic film through new cultural, theoretical and historical perspectives.
This is the only international MLitt in Film and Media Studies in Scotland and one of only two in the UK. The IMACS programme gives students access to 13 of the top film and media programmes in Europe and the top film studies programme in Francophone Canada.
- IMACS offers a unique opportunity to obtain comprehensive training in film and media studies, while spending two semesters at institutions with strengths targeted to students' interests.
- Film Studies receives regular visits from high-profile film scholars, critics and film industry personalities, ranging from Joe Russo to Ian Christie, Patricio Guzmán to Thomas Elsaesser.
- The Film Studies postgraduate community mixes MLitt and PhD students in friendly and collaborative ways.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Department of Film Studies
- +44 (0)1334 46 7473