A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree. At the discretion of staff, this requirement may occasionally be waived for candidates who demonstrate exceptional talent in their creative submission.
Months of entry
The MLitt in Playwriting and Screenwriting is a one-year taught programme run by the School of English. The course consists of two semesters with taught components followed by an individual creative writing project taking place over the whole year, but with particular focus during the last three months.
- Individual mentors help you to hone your creative practice and to further develop your expressive voice.
- The course emphasises best practice in recent and contemporary writing, and modules are taught by award-winning professional playwrights.
- Small class sizes of three to ten students allows for extremely high levels of individual attention.
- The MLitt year makes full use of being in a theatre building, with the majority of the course being delivered in the Byre Theatre Studio.
- Students have the opportunity to meet and work with professional theatre directors, actors and writers while studying in St Andrews.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Secretary
- +44 (0)1334 46 2668