A good 2.1 undergraduate Honours degree in Mathematics, Statistics or a closely related subject area. If you studied your first degree outside the UK, see the international entry requirements.
Months of entry
Students on the MSc Mathematics will enhance their ability to apply analytical techniques, and perform the clear logical thinking and deductive reasoning necessary to explore complex patterns, structure and problems.
The MSc in Mathematics consists of two semesters of taught courses run by the School of Mathematics and Statistics, followed by a dissertation undertaken over the summer months. If you are interested in part-time study, you should email firstname.lastname@example.org in the first instance to request approval.
This programme is particularly suited for those seeking a career in academic mathematical research or a mathematics-related career in the private sector.
- A range of advanced mathematical and statistical module choices are offered.
- Students can explore diverse topics in pure and applied mathematics, and possibly some statistics, at an advanced level.
- Students are prepared to pursue research in mathematics.
- Students will have the opportunity to be taught in small groups, and work closely during the dissertation, with leading experts in their fields.
- Regular research activities are held, given by experts from within and out with the School.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Secretary
- +44 (0)1334 46 2344