Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A good 2.1 Honours undergraduate degree. No previous anthropological experience is required.
Months of entry
The MRes in Social Anthropology with Latin American and Caribbean Studies is a full-time taught postgraduate programme run by the Department of Social Anthropology within the School of Philosophical, Anthropological and Film Studies.
The programme aims to prepare you for a range of related activities in different parts of the world, to participate in national and regional debates, and to provide the delivery of academic and extension talks and courses in different countries of the Latin American world.
- Opportunities for learning a South American language, such as Quechua or Spanish.
- Provides an understanding of the highly complex social, political and cultural experiences of the historic populations of Latin America.
- Equips you for a wide range of extension, development and support activities in relation to Latin American, Caribbean and Amerindian peasant and urban communities.
Fees and funding
There are a variety of funding options available for postgraduate students. For more details visit our website.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Department of Social Anthropology
- +44 (0)1334 46 2977