Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A minimum of a second class Honours degree 2:1 preferred. If you don’t have these formal qualifications but have significant relevant work and life experience we still encourage you to apply.
Months of entry
Our LLB will give you an in-depth knowledge and understanding of legal principles, theories, institutions and rules – as well as the wider social and political context in which law operates. This two-year course gives you a well-rounded qualification that can be your first step towards becoming a Scots lawyer or entering other prestigious professions. On completion, graduates wishing to become lawyers can apply for entry to the Diploma in Professional Legal Practice course.
The main objectives of this accelerated law degree are to help you:
- develop fundamental in-depth knowledge and understanding of the pri nciples, concepts, values, substantive rules and development of the Scottish legal system and core areas of Scots law, the wider context within which the Scottish legal system operates and the main institutions and procedures of the Scottish legal system
- develop intellectual rigour, independence of mind, critical thought and legal problem-solving and research skills to a highly advanced level, as well as more general transferable intellectual skills which are of value in the practice of Law and a wide range of careers
- gain the in-depth knowledge, understanding and independent research skills needed to progress to further studies in Law, or in multi-disciplinary areas involving law
- get the self-confidence, knowledge, understanding and skills that will provide added benefit to you as individuals, to the legal profession and to society as a whole
You’ll also develop your commercial awareness in a new module on the Business of Law which has been designed to enhance your employability. Spread over the duration of your degree, this module will draw on your own experience, external industry speakers and interactive seminars to enhance your business skills and develop entrepreneurship which is sought after by employers. It will culminate in a tailormade project on an area of legal business that interests you.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Tikus Little
- +44 (0) 1786 467354