Qualifications equivalent to an upper second class undergraduate degree from a university or college recognised by the University of Stirling.
Months of entry
This course is jointly delivered by the University of Stirling, School of Arts and Humanities, and Lund University (Sweden), Institute for Strategic Communication.
Public Relations practitioners provide direction for organisations of all sizes and sectors to communicate with their stakeholders and to manage relationships and emerging issues on the public agenda. Here at the University of Stirling and Lund University, we take a strategic approach to the field, encompassing a variety of perspectives and disciplines.
This variant of our established MSc in Strategic Public Relations & Communication Management course is delivered jointly with our partner Lund University in Helsingborg, Sweden. This course provides students with a solid European and international perspective on public relations and provides an opportunity to study in both Stirling, UK, and Helsingborg, Sweden.
This course is taught completely in English and students will obtain a double MSc degree from the University of Stirling and Lund University. Students spend Semester 1 at the University of Stirling and then move to Lund University for Semesters 2 and 3 before deciding if they’d like their dissertation supervised by Stirling or Lund.
This new Master’s course has unique features
- Opportunities to study in two countries at universities recognised for leading public relations and communication management education within Europe
- A focus on public relations and communication management, including strategic PR planning, media relations, digital media, public affairs, lobbying and advocacy, and organisational communication all within an international context
- An internship during the third semester of the course
- Rigorous research methods modules which enable students to build up confidence to engage in high quality qualitative and quantitative communication research
- The MSc Strategic Public Relations is also the English language line of the MARPE* – Euprera network and students will be able to interact and collaborate with students on the Iberian, French language lines and attend intensive public affairs seminars and workshops in Belgium,
The key benefits of this course include:
- Internationalisation: unique multicultural and intercultural experience
- Knowledge: an innovative and challenging curriculum which develops both a theoretical and practical understanding of strategic communication
- Skills: transferable personal and intellectual skills including core management skills required by strategic managers in the developing global public relations industry
- Career opportunities: graduates are equipped to take up public relations and communication management positions in the private, public and non-profit sectors
- Contacts: a multi-national course team which is internationally-recognised for teaching and research and an alumni base built up over two decades
- Additional opportunities: specialist industry seminars and workshops on public affairs and lobbying delivered by leading practitioners and key experts in Brussels
The MSc Strategic Public Relations equips you with the necessary practical and analytical skills for an internationally focused professional career by examining how to design, implement and evaluate public relations (PR) and communication management courses.
*MARPE is the abbreviation for Master Relations Publiques Européenne. MARPE is a framework for Public Relations courses initiated by the European Public Relations Research and Education Association (EUPRERA)
Information for international students
If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence of your proficiency such as a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (minimum 6 in each skill), or TOEFL: Listening 23, Reading 23, Speaking 23, Writing 23.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Jane Campbell
- +44 (0) 1786 466220