Applicants should have a 2:2 Honours degree or better and appropriate coaching qualifications and experience. Those who do not hold the requisite academic qualifications, but possess significant coaching experience and qualifications, may be accepted, subject to discussion with the University.
Months of entry
The Sports Coaching course is for experienced coaches who wish to extend their capacity by engaging in learning experiences which promote analysis and critical reflection of their coaching practice. The course has been developed to articulate with the emerging UKCC Level 4 certification process. It will develop skills of analysis, critical reflection, problem-solving and managing the coaching process. Your work will be grounded in coaching practice and research, considering case studies and learning from peers and leading coaching practitioners.
In addition to the sports-specific coaching skills you will be developing in your practice, we aim to develop coaches who:
- can analyse and reflect on their coaching practice.
- evaluate and adjust their coaching process.
- can amend coaching practice to take account of each individual.
- understand the socio-ethical context of their coaching practice.
- develop the capacity to make decisions under pressure.
- have clear personal development goals.
Fees and funding
For further information on possible sources of funding, visit: http://www.stir.ac.uk/postgraduate/financial-information/
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
Course contact details
- Sport Postgraduate Recruitment Team
- +44 (0) 1786 466498