Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A minimum of a second class Honours degree or equivalent. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
Months of entry
Take your place at the cutting edge of today’s evolving business landscape with our online MSc in Data Science for Business.
The course equips you to become a data-driven leader against a backdrop of rapid change, in which businesses are increasingly relying on big data to make their most important decisions. Globally, the demand for data scientists has grown at a faster rate than supply – with a 344% increase in job postings in the field since 2013 (Indeed, 2019). Yet 77% of companies say it’s difficult to recruit people with the big data skills they need. By studying our online Masters, you’ll be perfectly positioned to meet this growing demand.
As you progress on the course, you’ll develop highly sought-after skills, including:
- An understanding of the industrial and scientific relevance of analytics
- The ability to apply data-led insights in strategic decision-making
- Business acumen and advanced management know-how
Real-world case studies and a focus on current business issues give you the opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of the use of data analytics in solving the challenges you'll encounter in the workplace.
The entire course is studied online, enabling you to fit your studies around personal and professional demands. You’ll learn through a combination of video lectures, live webinars and course materials that are easy to access wherever you are, whenever it works for you. Our intuitive learning hub also offers collaborative tools that make it simple to connect with tutors and fellow students, creating a rich online environment built around human-centred learning.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS Indicator 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) 169 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE) 180 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 60 overall with a minimum of 59 in each sub-skill
- IBT TOEFL 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- IBT TOEFL Special Home Edition Test 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- Trinity ISE II Pass overall with a Pass in each sub-skill, ISE III Pass overall and in all sub-skills, ISE IV Pass overall and in all sub-skills
- Aptis (4 skills) CEFR B2 overall and B2 in all sub-skills
- Duolingo 95 overall with a minimum of 90 in all sub-skills
- LanguageCert International ESOL B2 Communicator - Pass with minimum 33 in each sub-skill
If you are from India, Bangladesh, Ghana or Nigeria please also check your country/region specific page for any additional, or changes to, English language requirements.
For more information on ways that you can meet our English language requirements, including options to waive the requirement, please read our information on English language requirements.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time28 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- University of Stirling