A minimum of a second class Honours degree or equivalent. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
Months of entry
Take your place on the cutting edge of today’s evolving business landscape with our online MSc in Data Science for Business.
The course equips you to become a data-driven leader against a backdrop of rapid change, in which businesses are increasingly relying on big data to make their most important decisions. Globally, the demand for data scientists has grown at a faster rate than supply – with a 344% increase in job postings in the field since 2013 (Indeed, 2019). The Tech Partnership UK estimates there will be 56,000 big data jobs in the UK alone by 2020, yet 77% of companies say it’s difficult to recruit people with the big data skills they need. By studying our online Masters, you’ll be perfectly positioned to meet this growing demand.
As you progress on the course, you’ll develop highly sought-after skills, including:
- An understanding of the industrial and scientific relevance of analytics
- The ability to apply data-led insights in strategic decision-making
- Business acumen and advanced management know-how
Real-world case studies and a focus on current business issues give you the opportunity to develop a deeper understanding of the use of data analytics in solving the challenges you'll encounter in the workplace.
The entire course is studied online, enabling you to fit your studies around personal and professional demands. You’ll learn through a combination of video lectures, live webinars and course materials that are easy to access wherever you are, whenever it works for you. Our intuitive learning hub also offers collaborative tools that make it simple to connect with tutors and fellow students, creating a rich online environment built around human-centred learning.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS 6.0 with 5.5 minimum in each skill
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) 169 with minimum of 162 in each skill
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE) 180 with minimum 162 in each skill
- Pearson Test of English Academic (PTE) 54 with 51 in each component
- IBT TOEFL 80 with no subtest less than 17
- IELA 169 with no subtest less than 162
For more information on ways that you can meet our English language requirements, including options to waive the requirement, please read our information on English language requirements.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time28 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Dr Najib Murad