You'll need a first or 2:1 UK Honours degree, or overseas equivalent, in any discipline.
Previous research or industrial experience isn't necessary but is advantageous.
Months of entry
You can study an MPhil or an MRes over the course of one year or a PhD over the course of three.
You can study any option in your choice of our eight research groups:
- Architectural Design & Conservation
- Architecture & Urbanism in the Global South
- Built Environment Education & Architectural Pedagogy
- Construction Law
- Cultural & Historic Studies
- Innovative Construction Technologies & Building Information Management
- Sustainable Design & Technology
- Urban Design
You can also apply to study in the new Built Environment Futures (bE Futures) Centre for Doctoral Training.
For more information please see the course page.
Information for international students
Please see the English language requirements.
Fees and funding
Funding availability varies from year to year. Contact Director of Research for latest information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Catriona Mirren
- +44 (0)141 548 3097