During the application you'll be asked for the following:
- your full contact details
- transcripts and certificates of all degrees
- proof of English language proficiency if English isn't your first language
- two references, one of which must be academic
- funding or scholarship information
- research proposal of 1,500 to 2,000 words in length, detailing the subject area and topic to be investigated
Months of entry
January, December, November, October, September, August, July, June, May, April, March, February
You can study a PhD or an MPhil in Law.
A PhD requires three years of study and an MPhil requires one year of study.
You can study either option in any of our main research groups:
- Access to justice & the provision of legal services
- Constitutional & administrative law
- Dispute resolution
- Environmental law & governance
- Human rights
- Migration Law & Governance
- Law, crime & justice
- Law, technology & regulation
- Scottish private law
You also have the option of studying in any area in which our staff have expertise.
For more information on department expertise and general information please see the course page.
Information for international students
Please see the English language requirements.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Law School
- +44 (0)141 548 3738