- BSc (Hons) Diagnostic radiography or equivalent
- CT experience or GI related Fluoroscopy experience (at least 1 year)
- Existing reporting qualification would also be beneficial but not essential
- A reference from the clinical department
- Confirmation and agreement from a radiologist who is willing to act as a mentor for the reporting elements of the course
Months of entry
This Postgraduate Certificate (PgC) Advanced Practice and Reporting Computed Tomography Colonography (CTC) course will allow students to develop the knowledge and expertise to advanced practitioner level in CTC.
The University is actively engaged with the Society and College of Radiographers (SCoR) process to gain SCoR approval for this course.
The modular approach will enable students to gain skills in performing CTC examinations, reporting of CTC examinations and images and developing a service in CTC.
The course will include underpinning knowledge of large bowel anatomy, pathology and physiology as well as the practical performance of CTC and producing a report.
The course is ideally suited to those about to or who are currently undertaking CTC Colonography examinations in their Trust hospital. It is a flexible course allowing for stand-alone modules to be taken or completion of all the three 20 credit modules to obtain the full PgC.
The course will be jointly run by the University of Suffolk and Peterborough City Hospital.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details