- A degree at 2:1 or above - a lower degree classification might be accepted if there is evidence of academic ability for the demands of the course
- Successful completion of the Professional Skills Tests in Numeracy and Literacy.
- All applicants are required to hold GCSE English and Maths at Grade C/4 or above.
- Satisfactory safeguarding and health checks
Months of entry
This course is designed for those intending to be secondary school teachers, resulting in the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) and a PGCE. The course takes one academic year, with placements in two partnership schools under the supervision of a subject-specific mentor.
You will complete modules in Subject Studies, Education Studies and Professional Placements. Placements are available in Norfolk, Suffolk, Cambridgeshire and Bedfordshire. The subjects on offer are Mathematics, English, Chemistry, Physics, History, Religious Education and Modern Foreign Languages. You will train across the 11-16 age range, with post-16 enhancement for teaching A-Level courses.
Information for international students
International Requirements: IELTS 6.5 overall (minimum 5.5 in all components) where English is not the students' first language.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 01473 338833