Entry is open to applicants with a UK first or 2.1 honours degree or equivalent. Relevant work experience can be taken into account where applicants have not reached the standard entry requirements.
Months of entry
The Masters in Intercultural Communication with International Business combines linguistic studies, cultural studies, international business components and training in research methods.
You will take six compulsory modules, two optional modules and write a dissertation where you have the opportunity to specialise according to your personal interests. The programme includes numerous opportunities to apply and develop your skills through practical tasks.
The programme is ideal for business professionals who wish to enhance their profile with a postgraduate qualification; and for graduates of humanities, English language or business disciplines who would like to deepen their insight into business across linguistic and cultural boundaries.
This programme is studied full-time over one academic year and part-time over two academic years. It consists of eight taught modules and a dissertation.
Example module listing
The following modules are indicative, reflecting the information available at the time of publication. Please note that not all modules described are compulsory and may be subject to teaching availability and/or student demand.
· Introduction to Research Methods
· Organisational Behaviour
· International Business Management
· Intercultural Communication for Business Purposes
· Teaching Intercultural Communication
· Interpersonal Communication
· Global Diversity in Language and Communication
· Theories of Professional Communication
· Identity: Marketing and Communication in Practice
· Globalisation: Theories, Discourses and Practices
· The Language of Advertising
· Organisations and Written Communication
Information for international students
IELTS 6.5 overall, 6.5 in Writing, 6.0 in each other component (or equivalent)
We offer intensive English language pre-sessional courses, designed to take you to the level of English ability and skill required for your studies here.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 01483 682 222