Months of entry
The following PGCE courses are offered:
* PGCE (PG) in 7-14 Mathematics
* PGCE (PG) in 7-14 Modern Foreign Languages
* PGCE (PG) in Primary
* PGCE (PG) in Secondary Drama
* PGCE (PG) in Secondary English
* PGCE (PG) in Secondary Geography
* PGCE (PG) in Secondary History
* PGCE (PG) in Secondary Mathematics
* PGCE (PG) in Secondary Modern Foreign Languages
* PGCE (PG) in Secondary Music
* PGCE (PG) in Secondary Psychology
* PGCE (PG) in Secondary Science
Those enrolled on any initial teacher education course learn to teach within schools in East and West Sussex and Brighton & Hove. School-led teacher education is provided by experienced mentors and professional tutors and is supported by University tutors throughout the year.
All teachers are prepared to meet, and are regularly assessed against, a set of national professional standards, achievement of which is recognised by the award of Qualified Teacher Status (QTS).
In preparation for QTS, teachers prepare a portfolio of evidence of achievement, which charts progress over the academic year and includes evidence of lesson observations, engagement with professional development and self-designed teaching and learning materials.
As an academic award, the PGCE also provides opportunities to acquire up to 90 Masters-level credits through assignments, including the presentation of a professional portfolio in a viva at the end of the course.
At all stages, assessment is shared between school-based professionals and University tutors.
Information for international students
For overseas entrance requirements please visit: http://www.sussex.ac.uk/study/pg/2016/taught/1991
Fees and funding
The University of Sussex aims to attract the most talented students to postgraduate study and offers one of the most generous scholarship programmes of any UK university. For full details of our scholarships please visit:www.sussex.ac.uk/study/money/scholarships/pgt2016/
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Student Recruitment Services
- +44 (0)1273 873238