Months of entry
Enhance the study of international business with a solid grounding in the economic theory that explains business behaviour.
You’ll develop knowledge of microeconomic principles relating to the theories of firms and consumers, and macroeconomic principles underpinning national and international economies.
You also learn about managerial economics and human resources. You have the chance to do research, expanding your employment opportunities in business and the financial sector.
- With an Economics Masters at Sussex, you’ll be discussing the latest theories surrounding the biggest global issues of today – including poverty, trade, development and energy.
- You’ll be preparing yourself for a prestigious career, whether it be in government, consultancy, banking or within an NGO.
- Our faculty integrate their research into teaching so you learn how to apply economic theory to contemporary topics. Join some of the top global thinkers in economics, sharing in their ideas and opinions before anyone else.
How will I study?
The course has a central emphasis on business. You benefit from the global reputation for international economics research and teaching at Sussex. The course comprises eight modules and a Business Economics Research Project.
You are assessed through:
- unseen examinations
- a research project.
If you’re starting your course in 2016, these are the modules we expect to run. Modules running in 2017 may be subject to change.
Core modules are taken by all students on the course. They give you a solid grounding in your chosen subject and prepare you to explore the topics that interest you most.
- Business Economics Research Project
- Financial and Time Series Econometrics
- Global Business
- International Business Economics
- Managerial and Human Resource Economics
- Quantitative Methods for Finance
- Research Methods for International Finance and Business
Alongside your core modules, you can choose options to broaden your horizons and tailor your course to your interests.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Please visit our website for latest fees information.
The University of Sussex aims to attract the most talented students to postgraduate study. For full details of our scholarships please visit: Masters Scholarships
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- PG Enquiries
- +44 (0)1273 872717