We would like to invite prospective research degree applicants to attend an open evening/s to find out more about Research Degrees at UAL and to meet staff and students involved with the research degree programme across the 6 colleges:
London College of Communication
10 October - Book a place
Chelsea College of Arts will host a joint evening which will also encompass Camberwell College of Arts, and Wimbledon College of Arts
11 October - Book a place
London College of Fashion
17 October – Book a place
Central Saint Martins
19 October – Book a place
Open Evenings will be taking place from 18:00 – 20:00. Prospective students are invited to attend any number of the above events. Please register your place in advance by clicking on the 'book a place' hyperlink.
Who will be there
Potential supervisors, research support staff, and existing and recently completed students will be in attendance, and there will be opportunity to network and ask questions. UAL Research Centres, UAL Special Collections and Archives, Postgraduate Community, Careers and Employability and UAL’s Library Services will also be in attendance.
Information about funding opportunities will be available.
Applicants (Home and EU) to the UAL research degrees programme (PhD/MPhil) are eligible to apply for PhD studentships in the areas listed below to commence in October 2018. UAL are part of two successful consortium bids with the AHRC for Doctoral research; London Doctoral Design Centre (LDOC) and TECHNE.
The London Doctoral Design Centre (LDOC), a partnership with the UAL, Kingston University and The Royal College of Art, will offer full time PhD studentships and enhanced doctoral training with a focus on:
- All Areas of Practice-led Design Research.
- The TECHNE London and South East Doctoral Training Consortium. A partnership with UAL and six other institutions, will offer PhD studentships in a broad range of disciplines. UAL applicants may apply for a TECHNE studentship in the following subject areas related to UAL's specialist areas of expertise:
- Design theory and history
- Visual Arts: Fine Art, theory and practice, Digital Arts and Photography history, theory and practice, Art Theory, Installation and Sound Art theory and practice, Film-Based and Time-Based history, theory and practice, Drama and Theatre Studies
- Art History
- Library and Information Studies (book binding and conservation)
- Cultural Studies and Popular Culture
- Media and Communication Studies.
The UAL Research Degree web pages have additional information that you may find useful and funding deadlines.
Please contact the Research Management & Administration Research Degree Student Team with any queries relating to PhD study at UAL at email@example.com
University of the Arts London (UAL) is a vibrant world-centre for innovation, drawing together six colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communications and performing arts.