Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A candidate’s qualification for the course may be demonstrated by:
- An Honours degree in acting, drama, directing, theatre studies, dance, or a relevant art and design discipline; or
- A Level 3 Diploma from a recognised professional drama or dance school (e.g. a member of Drama UK or The Council for Dance Education and Training); or
- An Honours degree in a discipline other than those listed above plus demonstrable performance-related experience, either professionally or within an amateur or student context; or
- At least three years' appropriate professional experience as a performer, director or writer.
Months of entry
MA Screen Acting course specialises in giving the actor a rigorous and intense conservatoire training focused on delivering performance for the screen. Whether on film or television or other recorded media such radio. The student will be involved in many filmed projects including a final short film professionally produced as well as professionally shot show reel material. The course also gives the student a full programme of professional preparation with current industry professionals, including casting directors, agents, producers.
Great reasons to apply
- This course has produced many successful alumni including a Welsh Bafta winner and a number of feature film leads.
- This course is unique, a film course in a drama school with visceral pathways, whilst remaining actor-oriented in the conservatoire tradition.
- You’ll engage with industry professionals.
- With good time-management, a number of students also carry out extra-curricular activities. Current student Mirin Barr won Best Actress at the Campus Moviefest Awards for her part in 'One Beautiful Day', directed by fellow student Rudina Hatipi. One Beautiful Day has also been selected for the Campus Movie Fest Wildcard Challenge.
- You’ll collaborate closely with MA Screen: Directing, students on numerous camera based projects throughout the course. Other recent collaborations include working with London College of Fashion, Wimbledon and Trinity Laban.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- The Information Office
- +44 (0)20 7514 7023