An applicant will normally be considered for admission if they have achieved an educational level equivalent to an honours degree in either animation, illustration, visual communication, graphic design or closely related subject, and present a portfolio of moving-image work. However, we do not exclude candidates who have graduated from other less strongly aligned disciplines.
This educational level may be demonstrated by:
- Honours degree (named above);
- Possession of equivalent qualifications;
- Prior experiential learning, the outcome of which can be demonstrated to be equivalent to formal qualifications otherwise required; or
- A combination of formal qualifications and experiential learning which, taken together, can be demonstrated to be equivalent to formal qualifications otherwise required.
Months of entry
MA 3D Computer Animation is a practice-led course that explores both the theory and practice of digital 3D animation in film, television, games and interactive applications. With new and emerging technologies changing how we make, understand and experience animation, you'll be encouraged to push boundaries and explore the practices of animation from a variety of critical and professional perspectives.
MA 3D Computer Animation offers a thorough understanding of the different processes to integrate 3D animation into projects, as well as introducing solid animation skills for work within traditional computer-generated imagery (CGI) mediums such as film and motion graphics.
London College of Communication is well placed to build on the teaching expertise and reputation of the existing MA Animation course, to provide MA 3D Computer Animation to students from backgrounds as varied as fine art, motion graphics, animation and architecture.
This course forms an integral part of a future-facing Screen School at LCC; dedicated to collaborative working, new fields of enquiry and research with a global reach.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time15 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Information Centre