Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
One or a combination of the following accepted full level 3 qualifications:
- Three A Level passes to a minimum of 120 new UCAS tariff points (equivalent to 300 old UCAS tariff points) – one of the subjects must be Chemistry, Biology or Physics at a minimum grade of C or equivalent;
- DDD at BTEC Extended Diploma in a relevant Science subject;
- or equivalent EU or non-EU qualifications such as International Baccalaureate Diploma;
- and Five GCSE passes at grade A*-C or grade 9-4, including Maths and two Science subjects.
AP(E)L – Accreditation of Prior (Experiential) Learning:
Exceptionally applicants who do not meet these course entry requirements may still be considered. The course team will consider each application that demonstrates additional strengths and alternative evidence. This might, for example, be demonstrated by:
- Related academic or work experience
- The quality of the personal statement
- A strong academic or other professional reference
Or a combination of these factors.
Each application will be considered on its own merit but cannot guarantee an offer in each case.
Months of entry
The MSc Cosmetic Science is designed for students who want a career in the cosmetic and personal care industries. This unique course provides students with specific scientific knowledge and skills in different areas underpinning cosmetic science. The Cosmetic Toiletry and Perfumery Association (CTPA) recognises the course as one of ‘immediate relevance to the industry’ due to its scientific, technological and business curriculum.
These industries have expanded rapidly in recent years, as consumers have become more aware of the potential benefits of cosmetic products, and more critical of the way they are produced. In addition to subject-specific knowledge, the course enables students to develop the critical and analytical skills necessary to become cosmetic scientists.
Information for international students
IELTS level 6.5 or above, with at least 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking (please check our main English language requirements webpage).
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time48-60 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Further details of qualification
4 years/5 years (with placement year in industry).
Course contact details
- 020 7514 7344/7582/7563