Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
The standard entry requirements for this course are as follows:
- An Honours degree at 2.1 or above in a related discipline. Applicants with a degree in another subject may be considered, depending on the strength of the application.
- Or equivalent qualifications.
AP(E)L – Accreditation of Prior (Experiential) Learning:
Exceptionally applicants who do not meet these course entry requirements may still be considered. The course team will consider each application that demonstrates additional strengths and alternative evidence. This might, for example, be demonstrated by:
- Related academic or work experience
- The quality of the personal statement
- A strong academic or other professional reference
Or a combination of these factors.
Each application will be considered on its own merit but cannot guarantee an offer in each case.
Months of entry
As an internationally recognised masters, this menswear course challenges the conventions of fashion design, producing some of the industry's most progressive designers and labels.
What to expect:
- The course helps students to develop the ability to master complex and speculative areas of knowledge through advanced research skills relative to fashion.
- Students will expand their intellectual and creative skills through the synthesis of theoretical and practical approaches to design, and the synergy between craft and technology.
- Students will engage with the complexities of the current fashion market; with consideration of the environmental and human impact of the industry.
MA Fashion Design Technology (Menswear) offers the scope to develop a broad range of innovative design methods through studio practice involving specific levels of manufacture appropriate to fabrication. The course is designed for graduates with a fashion/textile background and also welcomes womenswear graduates who wish to diversify their practice by applying transferable skills to menswear in an expanding industry/market context.
The course offers a particular insight into traditional men’s tailoring and construction but also offers insights into how to balance this with contemporary concepts and technologies.
Information for international students
IELTS level 6.5 or above, with at least 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking (please check our main English language requirements webpage).
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time15 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 020 7514 7344/7582/7563