Honours degree, normally at 2.1, and not less than 2.2, or international equivalent There is no barrier to entry based on the subject studied to degree level We will also consider professional qualifications recognised as equivalent to the above International students whose first language is not English must also meet the language competency standards are detailed on the International page of the website. It is desirable that you have post-study work experience You will be asked to give us academic references before you can enrol and, where appropriate, provide employer reference
Months of entry
The Masters in Business Administration (MBA) aims to equip business leaders with a detailed knowledge and understanding of effective management strategies, enabling you to function effectively and efficiently in a national and international business context.
You will gain a crucial understanding of the volatility and uncertainties that influence global politics, the distribution of wealth, resource ownership and regulatory regimes in both emerging markets and other transitional economies.
- You will undertake an induction programme which will allow you to become familiar with the teaching methods used, course requirements, and the teaching team.
- During your induction you will also complete a personal development plan to prepare you for suitable posts on graduation
- You will have the opportunity to undertake an industrial work placement as part of your MBA, working within a UK organisation on live projects in areas such as: engineering, aeronautical engineering, energy, IT, business and finance
*International students can only study this course on a full-time basis*
If you wish to study online please select the part-time option in the apply link and include your study preference in your personal statement on the application form.
If you are studying full-time or part-time on campus you will learn through face-to-face lectures and tutorials at Perth College UHI and online study via the university's virtual learning environment (VLE).
You can also study part time on a fully online basis if you live in the UK.
January start date is for part-time study only
You will experience a wide range of teaching and learning methods including co-operative learning, problem-based learning, and presenting information in order to engage with various learning styles.
Understanding contemporary leadership and management (20 credits)
Entrepreneurial strategy and business growth (20 credits)
Management accounting and finance (20 credits)
The global business environment (20 credits)
Operations management (20 credits)
Strategic marketing (20 credits)
MBA research project (60 credits)
This course is available at Perth College UHI, Crieff Road, Perth, PH1 2NX
How to apply
If you want to apply for this postgraduate programme click on the Apply button above which will take you to the relevant course page on our website, from there select our Apply tab to complete the online application.
If you still have any questions please get in touch with our information line by email using the links below or call on 0845 272 3600.
Top five reasons to study at UHI
1. Small class sizes mean that you have a more personal experience of university and receive all the support you need from our expert staff
2. Choice of campuses - from small, rural and island communities, to the busy towns and cities of the region, our 13 friendly, safe campuses offer something for everyone
3. The affordable option - if you already live in the Highlands and Islands you don't have to leave home and incur huge debts to go to university; we're right here on your doorstep
4. Do something different and special - UHI has expertise in a variety of specialist subjects, including: renewable energy; adventure tourism; Gaelic; archaeology; marine science; art and textiles, and more!
5. Flexible learning options mean that you can study part time or full time, online from home or work, or at one of our campuses or local learning centres, and fit your study into your life
Information for international students
An exciting and diverse student life awaits our international students. Choose to study in one of the larger urban centres of the region, such as Perth, Inverness or Elgin, or in one of the smaller towns or island communities, including the Western and Northern Isles. https://www.uhi.ac.uk/en/studying-at-uhi/international
English Language Requirements
Our programmes are taught and examined in English. To make the most of your studies, you must be able to communicate fluently and accurately in spoken and written English and provide certified proof of your competence before starting your course. Please note that English language tests need to have been taken no more than two years prior to the start date of the course. The standard English Language criteria to study at the University of the Highlands and Islands are detailed on our English language requirements page https://www.uhi.ac.uk/en/studying-at-uhi/international/how-to-apply-to-uhi/english-language-requirements
Fees and funding
Scholarships relevant to this course are displayed (where available) below. For a comprehensive list of the funding opportunities available at UHI, including funding relevant to your nationality, please visit the Scholarships and Funding website https://www.uhi.ac.uk/en/studying-at-uhi/first-steps/how-much-will-it-cost/tuition-fees-postgraduate
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- UHI Information Line
- 0845 272 3600