Honours degree or above. You must be in employment in education or training. Candidates without academic qualifications but with experience of appropriate professional or administrative responsibility will be considered on an individual basis. These candidates may be required to complete an assessment to assess their suitability or successfully complete the Preparing for Master’s Level Study module prior to beginning other modules.
Months of entry
This M.Ed. Digital Pedagogy course is designed to support the professional development of individuals working in education and training at either tertiary or higher education level, specifically in the digital environment. The intention is to strengthen and enhance participants' understanding of digital educational issues whilst raising their professional profiles.
- The course is available to study part time, online through the UHI virtual learning environment (VLE), enabling you to fit your study around your personal and professional commitment.
- Option for a face-to-face induction which, although not compulsory, is highly recommended.
- Reflective learning is at the heart of this course allowing you to use your learning to enhance your professional practice.
- You can choose to study individual modules for continuing professional development (CPD), or work towards the Post Graduate Certificate, Post Graduate Diploma, or full Master’s degree.
- If you are working in Higher Education, on completion of the Post Graduate Certificate, you can apply to become a Fellow of the Higher Education Academy (HEA).
PgCert:Core modules are: Teaching and Learning in Tertiary and Higher Education; Digital Literacy & Open Education;
You will also choose one option module which may include: Research Methods & Techniques; Qualitative Inquiry; Quantitative Research and Data Analysis.
PgDip: Core modules are: Creating Digital Educational Resources; Theory and Practice of eLearning; Mixed Methods and Action Research.
Med: To achieve the award of M.Ed. Digital Pedagogy, you must complete a research dissertation.
Location: This course is available online with support from Lews Castle College UHI, Stornoway, Isle of Lewis, HS2 0XR.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Information line
- 0845 2723600