Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- Honours degree or above
- You must be in employment in education or training
- Candidates without academic qualifications but with experience of appropriate professional or administrative responsibility will be considered on an individual basis. These candidates may be required to complete an assessment to assess their suitability or successfully complete the Preparing for Master’s Level Study module prior to beginning other modules
Months of entry
This MEd Digital Pedagogy course is designed to support the professional development of individuals working in education and training at either tertiary or higher education level, specifically in the contemporary digital environment. The intention is to strengthen and enhance participants' understanding of digital educational issues, whilst raising their professional profiles.
You will be encouraged to discuss and analyse information from a wide range of theoretical perspectives and apply them to your own professional practice. This will be focused especially on teaching and learning in the digital environment and you will be critically analysing and creating digital educational resources. You will have the opportunity to focus your studies on an area of professional educational interest, whilst developing research skills and an understanding of ethical principles in higher education.
The course can help you to make changes in your professional practice that can have a positive impact on you and on your learners.
- The course is available to study part-time online, through the university’s virtual learning environment (VLE), enabling you to fit your studies around your personal and professional commitments
- Option for a face-to-face induction which, although not compulsory, is highly recommended
- Reflective learning is at the heart of this course, allowing you to use your learning to enhance your professional practice
- You can choose to study individual modules for continuing professional development (CPD), or work towards the PgCert, PgDip, or full masters degree
- If you are member of staff or a postgraduate research student of the University of the Highlands and Islands, and are practicing in relation to higher education learning and teaching, you will be eligible to use your work on the PgCert to achieve Associate Fellow or Fellow of the Higher Education Academy
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36-60 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 01463 279190