◾2.2 Honours degree or above (or equivalent) in any subject ◾A third or an ordinary degree will be considered with appropriate professional experience ◾Candidates with no formal qualifications, who can demonstrate a capability and engagement in appropriate CPD, will be considered under the University's Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) procedures, and may need to complete an appropriate bridging module before undertaking the PgCert. ◾You must be employed in the health sector in order to undertake this qualification.
Months of entry
Developing effective leadership skills and capacity is central to improving organisational success and enhancing the quality of service delivery within the NHS. This innovative and flexible programme is designed to address the leadership challenge facing the NHS. It is aimed at those who wish to take on a more proactive leadership role within their workplace and affect positive change in the workplace.
The programme is designed to enhance individual knowledge; skills and understanding that will support the development and application of more effective personal leadership approaches. It will seek to challenge ideas and pre-conceptions about what leadership means both to the individual and to their world of work. Indeed, a better understanding of ourselves, and what is going on around us, are both fundamental qualities of effective leadership and management.
- This postgraduate course has been designed specifically for supervisors, managers, aspiring managers and senior executives working in the health service
- You will study part time and online which means that you can fit your studies around your busy working life
- You will be supported by expert staff at the UHI Management School
- You can study individual modules for continuing professional development (CPD)
Note: This course is subject to revalidation
Where can I study my course?
PgCert: Core modules are:
- Leading the contemporary workforce
- Collaborative leadership
- Information and decision making
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- UHI Information Line
- 0845 272 3600