PgCert Web Technologies
2.2 honours degree or above in a science, technology, engineering or mathematics (STEM) subject, with knowledge beyond that of an end-user
PgCert Web Technologies with Management
2.2 honours degree or above in any subject
Applicants with other qualifications or experience will be considered on an individual basis
You will be interviewed (by phone, email or Skype) to assess your suitability for your desired choice of pathway
Months of entry
In the past twenty years, the web has had a major impact on the way in which we work, live and learn. As the sector continues to grow there is a constant need for individuals and organisations to keep abreast of new developments in the field. This programme, which is designed to meet the needs of the global IT industry, will give you the advanced skills and expertise to excel in this fast-paced and competitive marketplace.
This fully online programme offers two specialised exit awards; the pathway you choose will depend on your own specific background and circumstances:
PgCert Web Technologies*
If your knowledge and experience of computing are already beyond that of an end-user and you wish to gain enhanced web technologies skills, then this pathway is for you. You will explore cutting-edge technologies and gain a solid grounding in programming and software development.
PgCert Web Technologies with Management*
This pathway, while primarily having a technological focus, will explore key aspects of business and management particularly relevant in an international environment. You will receive a thorough grounding in core management principles, practices and techniques strongly contextualised to web-based applications.
Throughout both pathways, you will develop and build on your specific technical expertise, and gain practical, analytical, and highly transferable skills sought after by employers.
* The course is subject to validation, with further plans to develop a full masters programme.
- Loans for tuition fees are available from the Students Award Agency for Scotland (SAAS) for eligible Scotland domiciled and EU students, and loans for living costs for eligible Scottish students.
- Fully online study allows you the flexibility to study at your own pace and to fit around work and personal commitments
- You can study individual modules for your own professional development or work towards the PgCert
PgCert Web Technologies
Core modules are: Modelling on the web; Data analytics on the web; Mobile applications development
PgCert Web Technologies with Management
Core module is: Understanding social media
You will also choose a further two modules from those listed under the Web Technologies pathway.
How will I study my course
You will study through supported online learning using the university's virtual learning environment (VLE)
This course is available online with support from Perth College UHI, Crieff Road, Perth, PH1 2NX
How to apply
If you want to apply for this postgraduate programme click on the Apply button above which will take you to the relevant course page on our website, from there select our Apply tab to complete the online application.
If you still have any questions please get in touch with our information line by email using the links below or call on 0845 272 3600.
Top five reasons to study at UHI
1. Small class sizes mean that you have a more personal experience of university and receive all the support you need from our expert staff
2. Choice of campuses - from small, rural and island communities, to the busy towns and cities of the region, our 13 friendly, safe campuses offer something for everyone
3. The affordable option - if you already live in the Highlands and Islands you don't have to leave home and incur huge debts to go to university; we're right here on your doorstep
4. Do something different and special - UHI has expertise in a variety of specialist subjects, including: renewable energy; adventure tourism; Gaelic; archaeology; marine science; art and textiles, and more!
5. Flexible learning options mean that you can study part time or full time, online from home or work, or at one of our campuses or local learning centres, and fit your study into your life
Information for international students
An exciting and diverse student life awaits our international students. Choose to study in one of the larger urban centres of the region, such as Perth, Inverness or Elgin, or in one of the smaller towns or island communities, including the Western and Northern Isles. https://www.uhi.ac.uk/en/studying-at-uhi/international
English Language Requirements
Our programmes are taught and examined in English. To make the most of your studies, you must be able to communicate fluently and accurately in spoken and written English and provide certified proof of your competence before starting your course. Please note that English language tests need to have been taken no more than two years prior to the start date of the course. The standard English Language criteria to study at the University of the Highlands and Islands are detailed on our English language requirements page https://www.uhi.ac.uk/en/studying-at-uhi/international/how-to-apply-to-uhi/english-language-requirements
Fees and funding
From 2017, eligible Scotland domiciled students studying full time can access loans up to 10,000 from the Student Awards Agency for Scotland (SAAS).This comprises a tuition fee loan up to £5,500 and a non-income assessed living cost loan of £4,500. EU students studying full time can apply for a tuition fee loan up to £5500.
Part-time students undertaking any taught postgraduate course over two years up to Masters level who meet the residency eligibility can apply for a for a tuition fee loan up to £2,750 per year.
Full details can be found on the SAAS website. Applications for loans open in April.
Students from the rest of the UK who meet the eligibility requirements may be able to apply for a loan from the Student Loan Company
You may also be able to apply for a government Professional and Career Development Loan
For a comprehensive list of other funding opportunities available at the university, including funding relevant to your nationality, please visit the Scholarships and Funding website
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- UHI Information Line
- 0845 272 3600