Please see http://courses.uwe.ac.uk/N34012 for more information.
Months of entry
Today's business managers need to be able to analyse and interpret financial information and use this to inform business strategy. The MSc in Accounting and Financial Management will help you develop this expertise, as well as giving you an indepth understanding of the contemporary issues encountered by financial managers.
The underlying practical focus ensures that the skills and knowledge you gain are highly relevant to the workplace whichever area of accounting or financial management you are seeking to engage in.
Strong practical focus
You will develop your knowledge and understanding of accounting and financial management, while also enhancing your critical thinking, research and analytical skills. During the year, you will:
- analyse and solve complex problems relating to financial reporting, performance measurement and management, corporate strategy and financial management.
- be encouraged to think critically and creatively about problems requiring a multi-disciplinary approach.
- develop in-depth knowledge in a specialist topic you have chosen for your dissertation.
- enhance your key personal skills in time management, information accessing, analysis and interpretation.
- develop your interpersonal, communication and management skills through team working, making presentations and writing reports.
Industry links and facilities
As a student at Bristol Business School, you will get to hear from inspiring speakers from the business world. You will also have access to our state-of-the-art trading room, built around the Bloomberg Professional system, the main financial platform used by the large investment banks.
Accredited by the ACCA and CIMA
The MSc Accounting and Financial Management course is accredited by the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) and the Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA). By completing the MSc, you will gain exemptions from several of their professional examinations, giving you a useful head start in your professional studies.
For up to date list of modules and course delivery please visit our website.
We hold a number of University-wide open evenings as well as a number of subject specific events throughout the year for anyone considering postgraduate and professional study. Visit http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/whatson/opendays/postgraduateopendays.aspx
Fees and funding
Please see our postgraduate funding pages for more information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- UWE Admissions
- +44 (0)117 328 3333