Please see http://courses.uwe.ac.uk/X00042 for more information.
Months of entry
January, September, April
This part-time modular course aims to support participants in developing as critically reflective practitioners with a broader and deeper understanding of their context, phase or subject.
Students are supported in analysing and carrying out small-scale enquiries, underpinned by and connecting theory with practice.
This course includes portfolio and independent modules which do not require regular attendance at UWE Bristol, enabling flexible and distance study, as well as taught modules.
The later stages of this course require attendance at one compulsory taught module, Researching Education. This module is available as a summer school or evening class.
Why study the MA Education?
- We aim to produce critically reflective practitioners with a deeper understanding of their subject who link theory to practice on the basis of evidence based research.
- You will have access to research active staff with wide ranging experience and specialisms in Education.
- The MA Education is a flexible programme - you can choose from taught modules or work-based action enquiries, independent study or portfolios of professional development.
- You can use credits for modules studied here at UWE (eg. M Level in the PGCE), at other universities and for your first teaching degree plus QTS.
- It is possible to undertake single modules and build credits without committing to full MA.
For up to date list of modules and course delivery please visit our website.
We hold a number of University-wide open evenings as well as a number of subject specific events throughout the year for anyone considering postgraduate and professional study. Visit http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/whatson/opendays/postgraduateopendays.aspx
Fees and funding
Please see our postgraduate funding pages for more information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- UWE admissions
- +44 (0)117 32 83333