Please see http://courses.uwe.ac.uk/C84141 for more information.
Months of entry
For individuals working in a health setting, this course provides the knowledge and skills to develop careers and become a Chartered Psychologist. You will come to UWE Bristol for around 14 Professional Doctorate Training Days and supervision meetings each year over three years, while working in your existing role as you carry out your research. You receive strong course support in person and online, so wherever you are in the country you can be sure of the best support.
Outstanding professional support
You will learn from our outstanding team of HCPC-registered Health Psychologists, benefiting from their expertise in research, behaviour change, consultancy and teaching and training and their extensive professional network and strong links in the region. Each year ends with a review day, where you can speak to tutors face to face about your progress.
You will prepare for accreditation as a Chartered Psychologist through training and supervision in five areas of competency. These five areas are specified by the British Psychological Society's Board of Examiners in Health Psychology. On completing this course you'll be eligible to apply for the Register of Health Psychologists held by the Health and Care Professions Council.
The BPS accreditation team commends this course based on:
- the high level of student satisfaction and the resources and facilities that support their training
- the high level of support the academic team provides, and their accessibility and approachability
- the strong research experience and wide-ranging expertise of the programme team, and its commitment and enthusiasm to the course
- the forward-looking nature of the course, including the commitment to its continual development
- the programme team's responsiveness to feedback from students, employers and professional bodies
- the diversity of the assessment methods and our commitment to developing new ones.
- the emphasis on integrating theory and practice at every stage.
For up to date list of modules and course delivery please visit our website.
We hold a number of University-wide open evenings as well as a number of subject specific events throughout the year for anyone considering postgraduate and professional study. Visit http://www1.uwe.ac.uk/whatson/opendays/postgraduateopendays.aspx
Fees and funding
Please see our postgraduate funding pages for more information.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- UWE Admissions
- +44 (0)117 32 83333