This internationally respected degree has been redesigned to reflect the evolving nature of business and the global challenges facing business leaders. It focuses on developing strategic analytical skills, business intuition, and enquiring and adaptive thinking. The selection of option modules offers one of four specialist areas: finance, leadership, enterprise or health service management.
About the programme This programme produces high calibre graduates who can effectively respond to unpredictable challenges in globally competitive business environments. It provides essential core business knowledge and understanding with a strong emphasis on developing the applied managerial skills vital for effective business leaders. Your communication, negotiation and facilitating skills will be
nurtured and enhanced. Modes of study are engineered to accommodate busy working lives. This new MBA creates a unified model of learning for all students regardless of how you study. Learning and exchange takes place through a dynamic, virtual learning hub: the UWS Online MBA World, where students can engage and collaborate on their modules on an international basis.
• Integration of Business Functions (10 credits)
• Analytical Thinking and Decision Making (20 credits)
• Managing Organisational Health (20 credits)
• Influencing Organisational Strategy (20 credits)
• Creativity and Business Wealth (20 credits)
• Strategic Business Project (60 credits)
• Advanced Financial Decision Making (10 credits)
• Global Financial Systems (10 credits) Leadership stream:
• Leading Change (10 credits)
• Influencing Organisational Culture and Change (10 credits)
• New Venture Creation (10 credits)
• Business Creativity (10 credits)
Health Service Management stream:
• Responding to Public Health Challenges (20 credits)
The Strategic Business Project enables students to develop and apply their module knowledge and research skillsto a business topic of their choice.
Our Careers Adviser says The UWS MBA prepares you for leadership. It provides a rigorous grounding in the knowledge and skills necessary to operate effectively as a strategic general manager. MBA graduates may also undertake research e.g. as a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in a particular branch of business/ management, or a taught Doctor of Business Administration (DBA).