To be considered for our course, you must:
- Possess a first degree
- Provide a personal/employer reference
- Provide an academic reference and formal University transcript/certificate
- Provide a statement of support (max 500)
- Qualifications in English, numeracy and science are required for Midwifery in line with NMC.
Entry is also dependent on your success in the following:
- Health screening
- Protection of vulnerable groups
- Personal interview.
Further desirable skills pre-application:
- Communication/interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- IT literate
- Research literate
- Driving licence
- Previous work experience in a caring/health environment
- Evidence of research theory/activity.
All applicants must meet NMC entry requirements as per NMC Standards for pre-registration Midwifery education.
Months of entry
This dynamic three-year midwifery course will enable you to become a highly educated midwife with the potential for management, leadership, consultancy, educational and research roles.
Within the next decade, there will be new challenges and opportunities for midwives to develop their roles as practitioners, partners and leaders in delivering and shaping future maternity services (Scottish Government, 2017). This course will give you the education and skills to embrace this challenge.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Course Enquiries