We normally require an undergraduate 2.1. However, we also consider candidates with relevant experience and aim to interview all applicants. Where possible, we invite prospective students to experience a day of teaching to see if it suits their expectations.
Months of entry
This master's programme challenges the existing conventions of Transportation Design by educating the next generation of designers, who will embrace, reflect and address environmental, economic and sociocultural challenges through creative dialogue.
We place design philosophy, innovation and design practice in an industrial context to develop sustainable solutions. There is a strong emphasis on unique, niche, and alternative forms of vehicle and/or transportation systems, which explore our evolving relationship with sustainable mobility in a shrinking world.
The programme will culminate in a dissertation or a major project which is expected to demonstrate innovation in some, or all, aspects of its design, function or means of manufacture.
Five reasons to study this course
- Swansea College of Art (SCA) UWTSD is recognised as a centre of excellence for art and design-based learning and research. The 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) categorised 95.8% of our research as being of world renown or recognised as internationally excellent.
- The master's Contemporary Dialogues portfolio offers a unique interdisciplinary learning environment, with access to workshops and staff across the faculty.
- Master's and research students are supported by a highly committed and professional team of lecturers and technical demonstrators, who together create a diverse, supportive learning environment.
- SCA offers full and part-time options and, to help support our master's students, we deliver the majority of core teaching on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Whatuni ranked UWTSD 6th in the UK for postgraduate study in the Student Choice Awards 2018. The university has also been ranked 5th in the UK for postgraduate taught satisfaction in Creative Arts & Design, PTES 2018.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Paul Morrow