Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
We normally require an undergraduate 2.1. However, we also consider candidates with relevant experience and aim to interview all applicants. Where possible, we invite prospective students to experience a day of teaching to see if it suits their expectations.
Months of entry
Computer Animation is prevalent right across moving image media. It is used in feature films, television dramas, natural history programmes on television, computer games, advertising commercials, corporate advertising and training, education and many other outlets.
This master's programme is about learning and developing new skills, encouraging your creativity, and experimentation, among many other things.
Computer animation is usually fun to watch, fun to plan and fun to do. Whether you consider yourself to be artistic, more inclined towards the technical, or anywhere in-between, computer animation has a broad reach and has a career path for most who wish to join the computer animation industry.
Five reasons to study this course
- Swansea College of Art (SCA) UWTSD is recognised as a centre of excellence for art and design-based learning and research. The 2014 Research Excellence Framework (REF) categorised 95.8% of our research as being of world renown or recognised as internationally excellent.
- The master's Contemporary Dialogues portfolio offers a unique interdisciplinary learning environment, with access to workshops and staff across the faculty.
- Master's and research students are supported by a highly committed and professional team of lecturers and technical demonstrators, who together create a diverse, supportive learning environment.
- SCA offers full- and part-time options and, to help support our master's students, we deliver the majority of core teaching on Thursdays and Fridays.
- Whatuni ranked UWTSD 6th in the UK for postgraduate study in the Student Choice Awards 2018. The university has also been ranked 5th in the UK for postgraduate taught satisfaction in Creative Arts & Design, PTES 2018.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Henry Charles Lutman