2:i undergraduate degree (or equivalent) and a postgraduate qualification in the social sciences. Previous studies should have included training in social science methodology.
Months of entry
Areas for PhD supervision: The IER research team brings together a breadth of research and labour market expertise from a variety of disciplines. We would be interested in supervising research students in:
- employer behaviour; globalisation and labour markets;
- human resources in local and regional development;
- labour market assessment and forecasting;
- careers; apprenticeships, work based learning and training;
- green skills and sustainable jobs;
- the graduate labour market;
- gender and the labour market;
- socio-economic and demographic change and the labour market;
- job quality and innovation;
- welfare and public policy.
Information for international students
For guidance on English language requirements, please visit our website.
Fees and funding
There are several funding opportunities available for students applying for this course. These include external awards, wider University awards and departmental scholarships. Details can be found here:
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions
- +44 (0)24 7652 4585