* degree of UK 2:2 or above (or overseas equivalent) in a science, engineering, IT, business or management discipline. * 1 satisfactory academic reference (or professional if 2+ years work experience) * English qualification (IELTS 6.5, PTE 62) See http://www.warwick.ac.uk/wmgmasters/entry/english/.
Months of entry
"Develop key management and technology skills, including leadership, in order to drive excellence across a business"
- We will provide you with a detailed understanding of the philosophies, strategies, processes and techniques that enable change and the management of excellence in a business.
- You will develop key management and technology skills, including leadership, customer focused product and process development, asset & resource management, and 6-sigma.
The course is modular - each student takes a combination of core and elective modules. 9 modules are studied and assessed in total. Modules consist of nominally 40 hours directed tuition in the form of lectures, seminars, group work, presentations, case studies and e-learning. This is covered in a full-immersion, intensive week. Modules are assessed by Post Module Assignment.
The taught modules account for 50% of the Master's degree. A major individual research project, submitted in the form of a dissertation accounts for the other 50%. An oral examination is held upon completion.
The core modules for this MSc are:
- Financial Analysis & Control Systems
- Organisations, People & Performance
- Creating Business Excellence
- Leadership & Excellence
- Process Improvement Using Six Sigma
- Product Excellence Using Six Sigma
- Robust Decision Making
- Knowledge Based Asset Management
You can choose one elective module from the list of elective modules. Follow these links for recommended elective modules and their thematic links to the European Excellence Model which provides the framework for the degree.
The project is worth 50% of the final grade and supports you in developing your personal research skills. For Management of Business Excellence the research-based project allows further integration of understanding.
After you Graduate
Graduates of this course could expect to find employment as managers and leaders of business development, new product development, manufacturing, quality assurance, human resource management or customer services.
With further experience, you would expect to attain a key executive role and be responsible for leading strategy and policy.
You will have the skills and knowledge necessary to benchmark organizational performance against world best-in-class and the ability to drive corporate transformation and improvement, leading to international recognition of the enterprise for all aspects of corporate performance including, market share, customer satisfaction, employee development and financial results, to name but a few.
Take a look at our Alumni profiles to read about what some of our past students thought of the course and what they have gone onto do: - www.warwick.ac.uk/wmgmasters/why/student_profiles/.
Information for international students
Application advice can be given through the WMG admissions team - email@example.com or through any one of our overseas support offices and agents. An extensive list of overseas representatives is available at http://www.warwick.ac.uk/wmgmasters/entry/overseasapplicationsupport/
Fees and funding
WMG will be awarding over £600,000 in scholarships and bursaries to students commencing study on our full-time MSc programmes beginning in October 2017.
Offer holders are invited to apply for the WMG excellence scholarship, application deadline is May 20th. For more information on the scholarship and how to apply, please see here.
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||50|
|Dissertation||50 (20,000 words)|
Course contact details
- Cathy Fawcett
- +44 (0) 2476 5 75889
- +44 (0) 2476 5 24783