* degree of UK 2:2 or above (or overseas equivalent) in Engineering, Computer Science, Science, Mathematics. Students from other disciplines with a particular interest in Sustainable Automotive Engineering may be considered. * 1 satisfactory academic reference (or professional if 2+ years experience) * English qualification (IELTS 6.5, PTE 62) See http://www.warwick.ac.uk/wmgmasters/entry/english/.
Full-time and Part-time options available
Months of entry
'Develop skills to design and evaluate the next generation of low environmental impact automotive products'
This course is suited to those aspiring to become Research Managers, Operations Managers, Chief Engineers and Technology Leaders within the strategically important areas of vehicle electrification and sustainability. You will have the management skills, technical awareness, and vision to assess different technology options within the context of environmental legislation and consumer expectations for vehicle quality, reliability, and performance.
The course is modular - each student takes a combination of core and elective modules. 9 modules are studied and assessed in total. Modules consist of nominally 40 hours directed tuition in the form of lectures, seminars, group work, presentations, case studies and e-learning. This is covered in a full-immersion, intensive week. Modules are assessed by Post Module Assignment.
The taught modules account for 50% of the Master's degree. A major individual research project, submitted in the form of a dissertation accounts for the other 50%. An oral examination is held upon completion.
- Automotive Hybridisation and Electrification
- Energy Storage and High Voltage Systems for HEV Applications
- Propulsion Technology for HEV Applications
- Lightweight Materials and Structures
- Systems Modelling and Simulation
- Advanced Materials and Processes
- Design for the Environment
- Problem Solving with Statistics
- Product Design and Development
- Quality, Reliability and Maintenance
- Supply Chain Management
- Technology Management
- Transport Techniques and Management
Information for international students
Application advice can be given through the WMG admissions team - email@example.com or through any one of our overseas support offices and agents. An extensive list of overseas representatives is available at http://www.warwick.ac.uk/wmgmasters/entry/overseasapplicationsupport/
Fees and funding
WMG will be awarding over £600,000 in scholarships and bursaries to students commencing study on our full-time MSc programmes beginning in October 2017.
Offer holders are invited to apply for the WMG excellence scholarship, application deadline is May 20th. For more information on the scholarship and how to apply, please see here.
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||50|
Course contact details
- Cathy Fawcett
- +44 (0) 2476 5 75889
- +44 (0) 2476 5 24783