TO APPLY visit: http://www.uwa.edu/apply_now.aspx Minimum Admission Requirements
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 3.0 grade point average (four-point scale) or graduation from an accredited college or university with a master’s degree or higher with a minimum of 3.0 grade point average (four-point scale) is required.
- A minimum score of 280 (combined) on the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) (verbal and Quantitative), and a minimum score of 3 on the writing portion.
- On time application packet that contains the application form, all student transcripts, GRE scores, a Statement of Purpose, and a list of three academic references with full names, titles/positions, school names, current telephone numbers and email addresses. Achievement of the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the degree program. The admissions committee will review the application packets based on minimum requirements and capacity of the faculty members in the program. This program is also offered online.
Months of entry
Curriculum and Requirements
I. Core Curriculum: 15 hours
A. Statistics and Research Methods Courses: 6 hours
- PY 501 . Statistics and Research Methods I (3)
- PY 502 . Statistics and Research Methods II (3)
B. Theory Courses: 9 hours
Select three of the following four courses:
- PY 510 . Advanced Developmental Psychology (3)
- PY 530 . Advanced Social Psychology (3)
- PY 540 . Advanced Cognitive Psychology (3)
- PY 550 . Theories of Personality (3)
II. Elective Courses: 15 hours
Approved electives from the 500 series of PY (15)
III. Thesis: Minimum of 6 hours
- PY 500 . Master's Thesis Research (3)
- PY 590 . Master's Thesis (1-3)
Total Minimum Required: 36 hours
Information for international students
Information for International Students can be found on our website.
Fees and funding
Graduate assistantships are available to qualified students in certain fields of study. Assistantships are usually granted for a period of nine months. Normally, there are no stipends for the summer semester. Students desiring to make application for graduate stipends should write to the Dean of the School of Graduate Studies, the University of West Alabama, Station 31, Livingston, Alabama 35470, for application forms.
Qualification and course duration
MS Experimental Psychology
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|US semester credit hour assessment varies depending on options, classes, and instructors||9|
Course contact details
- Dr. Mark Davis