A good Honours degree in the chosen subject area.
MPhil in MediaPhD in Media
Months of entry
The London School of Film, Media and Design offers the Master of Philosophy (MPhil) and the Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) by individual research within the areas of expertise of the School's teaching staff.
The combination of theoretical and practical research specialisms in the department means we are able and happy to support either written or practice-based PhD work, which could include elements of archival research, film or exhibition practice.
In addition to individual supervision, as an MPhil/PhD student you will have access to:
- Training in research methods
- University and school resources
- Auditing of one or more MA modules
- Teaching opportunities, where feasible
- The School's research seminars and annual staff-doctoral symposium
- The University's annual postgraduate conference, a forum for sharing and discussing research and ideas in a friendly, informal atmosphere with other postgraduates.
Information for international students
International students should refer to: http://www.uwl.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
For information about funding please refer to:
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- University of West London