You should have a good Honours degree (2:1) or equivalent in a relevant subject. A good standard of written and spoken English (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent) is required. You are also encouraged to apply if you have significant professional experience in a relevant subject. If you have a 2:2 honours degree (or lower) in a relevant subject, you can be registered for a prescribed Postgraduate Certificate. Successful completion of the Postgraduate Certificate programme will allow you to progress to the Postgraduate Diploma. Offers are subject to an interview and portfolio review.
Months of entry
The focus of postgraduate study in Design and Applied Arts is to consider your current and past practice and recognise the opportunities that exist for research, material investigation and professional development. The aim is to provide a framework that will guide your enquiry within your subject specialism.
- Interior Design
Employment opportunities include:
- Self-employment: Establishing yourself in your own business, or as a sole trader or freelance designer.
- A career in design, practice and/or industry in the UK and internationally.
- Advancement in current employment: education, public sector or the creative industries.
Typical modules may include:
- Defining practice in design and applied arts
- Creative enquiry
- Integrating concepts and practice in design and applied arts
- Critical, contextual and theoretical frameworks
- Critical realisation of practice in design and applied arts
- Critical contexts and audiences
- Professional practice and enterprise
- Masters Project
You will be assessed through a mixture of written assignments and creative studio projects. You will be fully supported during studio practice and tutorials to raise the quality of your work to Masters level.
MA Design and Applied Arts will provide you with the opportunity to mature into a self-confident, independent thinker. You will leave University equipped with the skills and attributes that will assist you in realising your creative ambition. The MA will provide you with the time and expertise to refine your ideas and enhance your professional skill in order to practice your chosen applied art or design specialism within the broader creative arena.
Information for international students
IELTS 6.0 or equivalent. Visit: www.wlv.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 0800 953 3222