Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- Two years actively working as a Coach or Mentor, or five years in a relevant role, for example a supervisory, management or HR role, actively using coaching and mentoring skills
- A first or second class undergraduate honours degree from a UK university or overseas equivalent, or a professional qualification and/or experience considered to be equivalent to the above.
- An NVQ or SVQ Level Four in a related subject specific area (level 6/7 on new framework).
- A HND/HNC in a related subject area plus two years relevant organisational experience.
Months of entry
This course will build on your practical coaching and mentoring skills, introduce related theory from associated fields and encourage you to analyse and reflect on theory and practice.
It is aimed at coaching and mentoring practitioners and those who have used coaching and mentoring skills as managers/leaders.
Studying the coaching and mentoring course will give you the knowledge and skills to become an effective professional coach and mentor. You will learn the underpinning theory of the key tools, techniques and models which are available will be encouraged to consider what may work best for you and your organisation. Evidence-based discussions and plenty of opportunities to put theory into practice will allow you to enhance your professional practice.
Information for international students
If English is not the applicant’s first language they will need to have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above, or evidence of English proficiency equivalent to these scores.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 01902 321000