- A first or second class undergraduate honours degree from a UK university or overseas equivalent, or a professional qualification and/or experience considered to be equivalent to the above;
- A reference from a tutor who has supervised the applicants undergraduate studies (or equivalent)
- If English is not the applicant’s first language they will need to have an IELTS score of 6.0 or above, or evidence of English proficiency equivalent to these scores;
- Students may apply for accreditation of prior learning (APL) subject to the guidelines set out in the UWBS APL Handbook. APL includes accreditation of prior certificated learning and /or accreditation of prior experiential learning.
- Students will need to be working in the health or social care context or have access to a placement, to comply with the requirements of some assessments within the regime.
Months of entry
The MSc Healthcare Leadership aims to meet development needs for the health and social care sectors, which are undergoing significant change. It is a vocationally-focused academic programme, intended to prepare professionals from the health sector, social care and related professions to become effective leaders and better managers in the workplace.
The programme will offer the opportunity to engage with key theory, but also to understand the specific contextual relevance in the NHS and social care, through delivery by specialists from both the University of Wolverhampton Business School and the Faculty of Education, Health and Wellbeing.
Upon completion of the course you will have an understanding of: perspectives on leadership, leadership theories and practice; how these apply in health and social care sectors during transition and change; how to appraise the micro and macro environments of the health and social care sectors and how to lead and manage within the complexity of these environments. Additionally, you will have learned how to improve performance through reflective practice, achieved via a range of teaching and learning methods and delivered within a contextually relevant but academically challenging programme of study.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 01902 32 22 22